Saturday, January 16, 2016

Research bunny trail ... "Bootleggers"


As I was doing some research and reading The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple by Dr. David Stewart (I totally enjoy reading this book!) today I saw “bootlegger page 158” in the index and I thought, “What?” So obviously once I completed my task (yes, I stayed focused thanks to the essential oils) I had to go look it up. Figured I might as well share this bunny trail with you!

Methyl alcohol (or methanol) is also known as “wood alcohol” because it can be produced from wood chips. It is highly toxic. During the days of Prohibition in the U.S., during the 1920s, the corn whiskey made by bootleggers (owners of illegal distilleries) sometimes produced spirits contaminated with wood alcohol. Those who unwittingly drank the tainted liquor either died or went blind. Methyl alcohol is also produced in our bodies when we ingest aspartame (NutraSweet(R)), which has resulted in vision problems for some. Think of methyl alcohol as a marriage between two radicals – methyl and hydroxyl.”

Yet another reason to NOT drink artificial sweeteners!

Hope you enjoyed today's momentary bunny trail … now back to the research!

Be blessed!

Michelle
Be Healthy His Way Team Coach
www.BeHealthyHisWay.com

No comments: